BIRDER

BIRDER

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Spring into Gluepot

What better way to escape the rain than head north to Gluepot Reserve and spend a day photographing birds?

It has rained all week in Adelaide yet Gluepot received less than 4mm, not even enough to settle the dust on the tracks.

An early start saw me arriving  at sunrise, approx. 5.45am. A chilly morning, first bird of the day being a Nightjar on the entrance track. It seems to wait for me every time I visit but in all these years still has not allowed me to manage a photo. I'm sure it gets great pleasure out of flying off just as I step out of the vehicle.

Today I was not looking for anything in particular, I just casually nosed about photographing what ever I happened to stumble across enjoying the sunny 27C day.

Here are a few photos from today.

Variegated Fairy-wren
 
 

 
 
 

Crimson Chat
 

Say cheese!
 
 

Female Gilbert's Whistler
 

Major Mitchell Cockatoo
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

There are certain angles that birds should  not be photographed on! Hilarious!
 
 
 
Common Bronze-wing
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

White-winged Chough
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

Crested Bellbird with food
 
 
 

Crested Bellbird still carrying it's grub






 
 




If I bob down you wont be able to see me...





Hmmm are you still there?
 
 
 
 
 

What you looking at?
 
Bearded Dragon