BIRDER

BIRDER

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gluepot Reserve

Friday evening I drove to Gluepot Reserve. I rolled out the swag and slept under the stars before getting up at 5.30am to make the most of the dawn chorus.

I'd only been in Taylorville for 30min before I was joined my some of my birder mates and we enjoyed a couple of hours photographing Scarlet-chested Parrots.

















We found some lovely birds. It was a very enjoyable weekend!








By 10am is was too hot to continue birding on foot so we made use of the bird hides for a while. We were joined by a variety of reptiles who were also looking for somewhere to cool off.

















This morning a walk around Kangaroo Dam provided numerous honeyeaters, Gilberts Whistlers, Chestnut Quail Thrush, Striated Grasswren, Restless Flycatcher, Budgies, Woodswallows and numerous Mulga Parrots.

Another fun weekend at Gluepot!!