BIRDER

BIRDER

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Coorong National Park South Australia

 
 
 
 
 
A  trip to Goolwa and Coorong National Park is a must do for any birder visiting Adelaide. You will find waders in summer along with waterfowl, Egret, Spoonbill, Terns,  Quail, Whistling Kites, Black-shouldered Kite and heathland birds around the Barrage area and Beacon 19. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm hungry, I think I'll eat myself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

There are some angles you should just NOT photograph a pelican at!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
White-browed Scrubwren
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
While photographing birds I felt like I was being approached. I was surprised to see a feral European Fox had walked up to me! Foxes were introduced to Australia by Europeans and sadly prey on our native wildlife.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This fox approached so close that my camera would not even focus on it!
 
 
 
 

Not the best animal to find in the National Park!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Feral Fox like to scavenger near local fishing spots
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Fox are introduced pests and scavenge/prey on native wildlife
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

This Fox actually sniffed my hand and camera!